Sunday, December 27, 2009

Saturday Dec 19 was spent playing with computers. The laptop was up and running for awhile, then belly up again! One of these days we will figure out what is causing the thing to go belly-up every Windows updates load.

Ran (well, I drove!)to the feed store get feed for Tinga and a couple of treats for Li’lBit and Holly. Then stopped by to visit with Deryl and Elke for awhile. This was the first chance I’ve had to get to their place for a visit since I've been back in Rockport.

Tuesday I got the ‘blue screen of death’ on the laptop. Definitely need to stop trying to ‘fix’ it myself and get it back to Robert! Went back to the computer repair, dropped off the laptop and picked up the rebuilt desk top. Taking some rearranging on my desk. With a tower and monitor, trying to figure out where to put the printer/scanner, mouse, and keyboard is a challenge. Of course, if I wasn’t such a pack rat, it would probably be much easier!

Spent most of the afternoon and evening setting things up and getting the programs loaded. The WiFi works good. This is running Windows XP and MS Office 2000 so all of my little old programs are compatible. Going to take some getting used to this keyboard, too! It's just a little different than the laptop! And to think, for years, this is just the kind of computer I used! It is much faster and less temperamental than the ACER and I’m ever so happy!

Sun has been out for 4 days in a row! YIPPEE -- but cold coming back -- hopefully not AS cold as the last round. Weatherman says only down to low 40s.

RV parks around here seem to be loosing out due to this cold snap. I know several RVers have moved on further south to the Valley. Not me...too many OLD people down there! AND too close to Mexico. Don't want to be wandering near Mexico with all of the gang and drug trouble they are having at the border.

On Wednesday I picked up tamales. NO, I do not make my own! There is a wonderful lady that sells out of a trailer down the road! YUMMY! And, keeping with my family tradition, I picked up the oysters for oyster stew. How's that for a Christmas eve meal -- Oyster stew and tamales!

Rain, Sid and I went to Charlotte Plummers for some good seafood. Just can’t seem to get enough of that place…good food, good service, good atmosphere and view – and good company and conversation! Just can’t get much better than THAT! http://charlotteplummers.com/

Christmas Eve morning, I woke about 3 AM when the wind came thru! WOW! With the rockin’ and rollin’ going on with the wind, I thought I was back in Iowa waiting for the tornadoes! When I took Li'lBit out this AM, my walker had blown out into the drive and up to the neighbor on the other side of me! Had to pick up my poinsettias but at least they hadn't broken.

Christmas Eve day was a quiet day. Just enjoyed being with the critters...being warm and being safe! Life Is Good!!!

No comments: