Friday, August 15, 2008

Iowa in June 2008, Part V

As the sun breaks forth on the 15th, Li'lBit and I go for a walk -- without boots, rain slicker and umbrella! I work outside -- put up the flag windsock, finish potting and repotting the plants. I have a small herb garden planted and hanging on the back of the RV. I have a tomato plant and a pepper plant by the steps. Mom's old cracked cookie jar now holds a geranium and some ivy and has a home on the picnic table. The bird feeders are up.

Li'l Bit and I spend most of the recent nice days at the picnic table -- I call it my "office" -- I set there and do paperwork -- try to get stuff in order and bring my diary up to date. Found a 'shade' for the computer screen that works quite well to reduce the glare. Li'l Bit and I enjoy listening to the radio, I have my ice tea in the afternoon, my coffee in the morning. Li'l Bit has her little lawn chair so she doesn't have to lay on the grass with her sensitive skin! The grill is assembled -- Life is Good! We are Retired & Lazy!!

It gets into the 50s at night and up to the mid-70s during the day...gradually moving into the 80s. Mybe some "scattered showers" Thursday afternoon and Friday. The rain predicted for Thursday and Friday started out as a "Rain Event" (meaning watch out for more flooding!) -- but has gradually been downgraded.

I tried to get Holly into a harness so I could take her out, but the 'one size fits all cats' is too small for the fatty! I know I cannot take her outside with just a collar on - - she will slip out of that in a minute! She really wants to go out--sets by the door all the time Li'lBit and I are out. Breaks my heart not being able to bring her out. This is the look I get - daring me to try that harness!!! Gotta love that cat!

Sunday my sister's friend brought her daughter and we washed and waxded the RV. Most of the black streaks and heavy dirt is off. Since the park runs from a well, it is too much pressure on their pump to have water running continuously with a hose for washing RVs and vehicles. I still have the water in my holding tank and that needs to be changed anyway. So we fill our buckets from the holding tank.

Bea had her Summer Soltstice luncheon -- no dancing naked around the bonfire -- just a nice lunch with friends.

More RVs coming in -- soft ball tournament in town. Life goes on even with tornados and flooding!

I'm having more trouble breathing here than in Rockport but so far it isn't as bad as in Gatesville -- don't know if it is because of all of the pollen from the trees or from all of the moisture/mold/green slimy stuff left over from the flooding. It is just difficult for me to walk any distance without the walker. I'm OK breathing if I'm just setting or doing light stuff, but when I start moving, I just about crap out!

Of course it may not have been a wise move to stay in an area with so many trees! But I sure do enjoy the shade and the breeze and when we get these nice sunny, breezy days -- just another day in Paradised! You know the movie -- Is this Heaven? No, this is Iowa!

No comments: