Friday, August 15, 2008

Iowa in June 2008, Part VI

Just when I brag about paradise and heaven, June 26 brings rain, rain, rain, wind, wind, wind -- but no tornado warnings. We really don't need the rain! The creeks and rivers are just now going back into their banks. So I'm inside with my weather radio and Dopplar weather radaloop on my computer screen! Here we go again!

With all of the wind and weather I've been through this spring, I'm really glad I have this ol'heavy RV that is made of so much metal. I often complain it is next to impossible to get a good cell phone or WiFi connection inside the heavy metal tube I call home, but I don't 'wobble' in the wind like the one next to me. I can look out my window and see some the the new lighlt-weight RVs really shaking! WHEW -- I'll keep this ol' out of date, heavy contraption for awhile!

Jeannie is more content in his cage than out -- I get less screaming from him when he is inside the cage -- so I let him out for a short time in the AM and then put him back. When the screaming starts, I tell him, "Go home Jeannie" and he responds "go home, go home." He seems content in the cage for several hours -- then he comes out for a short time and the PM and back to the cage for "night-night."

Of course Tinga wants to be out all of the time -- and that little monsgter has learned to get behind the screening and hides. She has also learned how to turn on the light on the wall behind the sofa!

Zamba, the Grey, just seems content to do anything! That is the most even-tempered, mellow Grey Parrot I've ever seen.

Li'l Bit was quite upset when the came to mow -- they came back and took the weed-eater to her little wild Iowa hemp plant that she was eating! No wonder Li'lBit is so mellow! And she still has all of her fur. Maybe I need to sprout hemp seed and keep a pot growing -- I can call it an herb! Maybe Li'l Bit's vet will write a prescription for medicinal marijuana! RIGHT!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awful that they took weed eater to her plant.