Friday, August 15, 2008

Iowa in June 2008, Part VII

My attitude on June 27 is SCREW THE WEATHER! Over 5 inches of rain yesterday! Do you know what that did to the rivers and creeks around here AGAIN! There isn't any place for the water to go -- it just goes wherever it wants to go! More rain expected later today and tonight -- then again tomorrow -- maybe some sun by Sunday.

There is a BBQ champioinship cook-off going on in town. There are over 100 RVs and smokers and cookers set up at the fair grounds. They started coming in Thursday. Most have tents or some kind of awning they set up -- well, I bet the wind got them last nite -- winds were 15-25 mph sustained with gusts up to 50 mph. I hope the rain holds off long enough so they can get things up and going.

The weatherman says the storms will last until the 'sun goes down and we loose the afternoon heating' -- well, he was WRONG -- it stormed through the night and finally slowed down about 4 AM. I'm really tired of this -- and there is more of the same coming. I guess, because there were so many really pleasant days about a week ago and Li'l Bit and I so enjoyed just being able to be outside -- this being 'cooped up' in the RV with the winds whistling and blowing is about to drive me nuts! Can you believe -- June 27 -- and I'm wearing a sweater!

The truck goes in 7/7. That is the soonest they could look at it -- only one diesel mechanic -- this isn't Texas Truck Country!

I'm not accomplishing any of the little jobs I wanted to do -- I think I'm just bored, lazy and have a rotten attitude. If I can't go outside and play I'm not going to work inside!!

The month ends with a prediction of nice weather "tomorrow but more rain on Wednesday and Thursday. Then a nice holiday weekend." And here comes July -- as my attitude waivers with the weather, the people in the State of Iowa stay strong.

No comments: