Tuesday, October 6, 2009

47 Degrees and I'm Still in Iowa!

Heard the weather prediction for this weekend -- possible snow flurries – at least they didn’t say BLIZZARD! Seems like I'm staying a little too late! Actually, went over to the RV place today -- they had to take the electric scooter lift off of the old RV since it was wired in electrically -- and I had to deliver them the title to the old one -- my Iowa plates for the new RV should be here in a couple of weeks -- they don't apply for the new plates until they get the old title -- guess that is their way of making sure they get the title!!!

This park closes the end of October -- so I gotta be outta here by Halloween! Hopefully before THAT - but at least I'm not going to get in a rush -- I'm gonna slow down a little and do a better job of sorting and tossing out -- my furnace works good -- have two full 30 pound propane tanks and two good electric space heaters -- so I'm good to go for SOME cold weather -- just don't want a full-blown Iowa/Midwestern Winter!!!

It's days like this I'm glad my friend Ingrid turned me onto Adagio Teas -- WHEW! I'm going thru those really fast! Right now I'm slurping some green jasmine tea....wish my outside body felt as warm as my inside body!!!

Tinga is a little upset that I haven't let her out to free-fly, but with the boxes all over, if she decided she was going to play ‘keep away' when I tried to put her up, I'd probably kill myself falling over everything piled in the middle of the floor -- so she is stuck in the cage for awhile.

I need to find a food/water place for all of the cat/dog dishes -- this RV has a center kitchen and doesn't have the counter space -- I can't have it setting in front of the sink and stove -- I had it in front of the stove in the old RV -- but I have to have Li'lBit's scratching basket in front of the stove.....can't put it in front of the fridge like in the old one -- the intake for the furnace is there! Just have to figure out where to put the stuff -- right now it is in front of the stove/sink and I'm constantly tripping over it -- fortunately, I'm not doing a lot of cooking (other than microwave or toaster oven) so I'm dealing with it -- using lots of paper plates and bowls so what few dishes I have are just piling up in the sink! Good thing I have a deep double sink!

The kitty litter has found a home in the shower - and I think that is where it will stay-- I put the small shower mat across the door frame so the door won't completely close -- and with all the shampoo, bath gels and bath salts in there it seem to 'mask' any temporary odors – actually, I’ve never really had a problem with Holly’s litter unless she was sick. Now that is probably more than you really wanted to know, right???

Li'lBit and Holly spend most of the day up on the bed under the comforter. They don't like this weather either! It's like pulling teeth to get Li'lBit to go out in the AM! Good thing she is trained to pee-pads!

Went out this AM and did 3 garbage sacks full of laundry - cost me $10 to get out of the laundry-mat! And I know I'll have that much more in a few days. Most of it was stuff I've moved from the old RV - rugs, bedding, linens, curtains, etc. As I was folding it, I figured most of it would go to Salvation Army.

I'm hoping to stay here until the plates come - they will be sent to my sister's address here in town. The park here closes then end of October and I sure hope to be out of here before THAT!!!

This cold, damp, windy air just sucks the air from my lungs! I've used more oxygen this past week or so than I've used all summer!

Dinner tonite, Bea and I met her friend Lisa at The Junction Bar and Grill – had a great bowl of chicken tortilla soup and a breaded pork tenderloin sandwich – can’t get a good tenderloin sandwich anywhere but Iowa! Oh, little ol’ coupon-clipper that I am – I had a coupon for $2.00 off an appetizer – yummy onion ring!

I’ve come to the conclusion I have way too much stuff – as Susan pointed out, I started calling it “stuff”, then it was “junk”, then it went to “crap.” She told me when it got to that point, it was time to get rid of it! And THAT I am trying to do!

No comments: