Saturday, October 17, 2009

FRIDAY, OCT 16 -- HALLELUJA!!! YIPPEE!!!

I’m set to travel. Picked up the paperwork for the license/title/registration from the dealer this afternoon. I have the check for the tax and title fees I paid here since I didn't get the plates, the paperwork and an "in transit' paper license plate. Bea and I stopped for a late lunch at the little café there by the RV place. Really good food in there!

So that meant we had to have a late supper! Soup and Sandwich special at The Junction. No wonder I put on so much weight in Iowa!! Eat-eat-eat!!!

Hitching up Sunday PM -- On the road Monday AM -- should be in Gatesville Wednesday late afternoon Good Lord Willin' and the creek don't rise.

Stopped and filled a propane tank so I can keep the furnace going a couple more days. Been using the furnace alot and it kinda 'guzzles' propane -- no one ever said RV furnaces were efficient! Now I'll have one tank so the refrig can work on the way back.

You should have seen me changing out my LP tanks. My old RV had the tanks in the front,under the hitch. I had to practically get down on my knees to switch them out. Then it took a channel lock wrench to get them disconnected. I dreaded the thought of going out in the cold to do that but knew I needed one tank, at least, to get me back to TX. So, I gathered up my stuff - work gloves, wrenches, camping stool I sat on so I didn't have to kneel on the ground. Well, damn! The tanks are on the side, I can stand up to see them, and they have these fancy plastic turn knobs.. no wrenches needed! What a piece of cake! My sister thought I was nutz as I was doing a 'happy dance!'

My list of things to do while in Gatesville is growing. I'm going to run over to the Temple Bird Mart and get a cage for Tinga. I want to look into that prepaid DISH TV. I get cable in Rockport, but that is the only place. With pre-paid I can just pay for it on the months I need it. I also want to go to CURVES and see if they have a 'mobile' plan -- something I could use in Gatesville, Rockport and here in Marshalltown.

No comments: