Tuesday, October 13, 2009

FRI, Oct 9 – THE COLD WEATHER IS ONE IT’S WAY!

Freeze warnings for tonite and tomorrow nite -- then the sun is to be back on Sunday afternoon -- then rain! Just can't get ahead of the weather!

Went into town and dropped a bunch of stuff off at Salvation Army. Couldn't find the sewer hose -- it's probably in there somewhere but I couldn't see it or get to the boxes to move things around -- so stopped at WalMart and got a new one with connections -- you can never have too many sewer hoses -- not the way they spring leaks!

Put a pot of chili on the stove. YIPPEE - WARMTH. The damn temp went down 3 degrees in just the time I was outside emptying tanks! Didn't have any hamburger for the chili -- had a pound of pork sausage -- so sausage chili it is! Actually it is going to be sausage chili soup 'cuz I added some extra water so it wasn't so 'spicy.'

Mary or Judy or someone came around and put a rose cone over the water pipe --- I think I'll just leave the water hose hooked up. I put some insulation foam on it and covered that on the ground with some old rugs.

Bea called to say that we would be going out to eat with her secretary and her husband -- went to That Place -- I had their special -- fried cat fish -- it was really good -- came with soup or salad (I had the pasta salad), hash browns, a whole catfish, Texas toast, and a bowl of fried mushrooms, cheese sticks, onion rings, cauliflower. It was really good.....way too much food to eat! I brought home the hash brown, the Texas toast, the pasta salad!! Will have that tomorrow.

10PM and the temp is 36 degrees and going DOWN!

No comments: