Saturday, October 17, 2009

THURSDAY OCTOBER 15 -- The Virus!

I've been kissed with some kind of virus -- my computer has -- naturally -- I'm about to hit the road! Anyway, the computer place here in town can't fix it 'til next week. There are 14 ahead of me and the fact that I'm leaving town and the fact that I bought it there seem to have no bearing on the quickness of service! So, I can get email, but I cannot get to any web pages to get web-mail. And yes, I had virus protection – that went belly up on me night before last and I have the disc to reinstall it packed away SOMEWHERE!

The computer guru at Staples thinks it's a virus that is blocking the internet -- Damn! I could have told him that1! So much for Norton! So - back out with the old Acer. GEEZ! What a bunch of crap! Are we having fun yet?

Went to WalMart to get some stuff to make a crock pot of chili for the trip. I can make the chili Sunday nite, keep it warm, pack it in the sink with towels around it while I travel and eat chili all the way back! I found some heavy flannel material with cats on it in browns and grays to put over the chair where Holly sleeps! Tried a towel, but she got her nails caught. This will work fine...easy to wash.

Walking out of WalMart the lady was opening the beauty shop and cleaning razors. I asked if she did razor cuts -- she does. I got her to take the length off so that job is done. I just love a good razor cut!

Went to the tire place to have my tires checked before the trip. If every in Marshalltown IA and need tires, go to McAtee Goodyear Tire store...nice people!

No comments: