Tuesday, October 13, 2009

TUE, Oct 13 -- Another Stumbling Block

I had to go to Newton(about 30 miles away)to the credit union that gave me the loan. Need to get some insurance on the loan in case I croak. My sister doesn't want to have to pay for an RV! And, I really should join the Credit Union!

Need to stop at WalMart. I'm running out of cat & dog food, pee pads for Li'lBit and kitty litter. I had planned on being back in TX by now!

Got a call from Twin Anchors -- can't get Iowa plates. I don't have an Iowa Driver's License. Now, I'm all for state's rights and all that other political state stuff -- but what the hell! If my Texas license is good enough to drive on - if my Texas ID is good enough to cash a check and spend money here - what's the crap about license plates. I can come to Iowa from Texas -- find a man (or in Iowa, I can find a woman) get married and drag them back to Texas with less trouble than I can an RV! GEEZ! The paper work on the title/plates is being sent back to Twin Anchors. I can pick it up from them and take it to TX! Are we happy campers, yet??

Hopefully the paperworks will arrive before the end of the week. They are to give me some sort of In-Transit Tag/paper license to get it back to TX -- get plates/title and have the title sent to the credit union in Newton. Sure hope it all flies!

Bea's friend is coming to hitch me up Sunday afternoon and I'll leave Monday AM. So....keep your fingers crossed that the paperwork doesn't get "lost in the mail!" I just wanna head south and get warm again!

No comments: