Saturday, October 17, 2009

WED OCT 14 -- The Saga Contiues!

44 degrees! I'm still COLD! My lungs got really cruddy Monday -- I'm doing an extra breathing treatment every day. Temp hasn't made it to 50 digress for nearly a week. At least it isn't going below freezing at nite anymore. But I'm really running thru the propane! Been setting the furnace at 50 degrees during the nite -- then up to about 60-65 during the day. Even Holly & Li'lBit are staying huddled up under all of the covers on the bed.

It’s Salvation Army and laundry day. Each bag of stuff going to the Salvation Army is one less that I have to find a place for!
A crock pot of soup has been a staple in this place for several days! I made plenty of chicken soup - in fact, while I was out, I bought a can of biscuits and a bag of green peas and put the soup in a casserole dish with the peas and biscuits on top (the soup got kinda thick from too many noodles!!!) and made a reasonable facsimile of a chicken pot pie.

Mary, the park owner, sent a bunch of pics of the arrival of the RV -- I should have known she was somewhere with her camera!

Brenda, my fried in Texas, called to say that Ellen, her younger sister, is in the hospital with blood clots in the lungs....that's not good! Will have to check again tomorrow and see how things are going.

Still planning on hitching up on Sunday and leaving Monday if the weather cooperates.

You would not believe this comedy of errors trying to get this RV back to Texas!
After setting on the paperwork for the title/license for nearly 2 weeks, my sister called a friend of hers that works at the court house (not in the title/license department) and asked her to walk down the hall and see what she could find out. I don't have an Iowa Drivers License and I wasn't getting one! Wonder how long it would have set there if she hadn't walked down the hall!

So -- yesterday, all of the paperwork was sent back to the dealer -- when they get it, they will call - I'll pick up the paperwork, take it to TX, file for title/license there -- then have the title sent back to the credit union holding the lien.

No comments: