Tuesday, October 13, 2009

SUN, Oct 11 -- DO I REALLY HAVE TO GO OUTSIDE!

26 degrees at 8 AM and the water is still running! No frozen pipes! The
low was 24 degrees last nite so I guess I made it thru this cold snap.
Supposed to get into the 50s for most of the week. One more nite of
"possible frost or freeze" so I'm not worried about that.

My sister was here all afternoon -- we unloaded some of the stuff I've been carrying around in the truck since I didn't have much under compartment storage in the old RV. Got most of that stuff and the stuff I've boxed for the undercompartment -- my books, holiday decorations, etc etc etc repacked and organized -- even got the boxes labeled!

So that job is done -- and I actually have a back seat now.

I just about froze my @$$ off -- never got above 40 degrees -- cloudy and damp but not raining -- Every joint in my body is frozen! It's been a long time since I've been in this kind of weather! I'm walking like an old lday -- every joint in my body is frozen!

I made two trips to the Salvation Army last week -- and have another bag of stuff to take this week -- will probably have more when I get to these last few boxes.

My crock pot has been a soup pot for nearly a week -- first it was cream of wild rice and mushroom -- then it was a cabbage/vegetable with chicken broth and V8 juice (I love that soup!) -- then yesterday it was sausage chili -- quite good. Think tomorrow will be chicken noodle! I mix it all up - turn it on low and let it go -- takes about 2 days for me to go thru it -- that includes eating it for breakfast!!! Wonder if I’ll ever get food poisoning from letting that stuff cook on low! I’m sure somewhere in the directions it says I’m not supposed to do that!

I'm still waiting on the license plates -- they should be here one of these days.

Bea and I went out to Long John Silvers for supper -- she had a coupon for "two can dine for $9.99" so we pigged out on greasy fish and fries!! Bea doesn't eat the hush puppies so I brought them home for Tinga - but she was already in her sleeping hut when I got back -- she can have one for breakfast!

Critters are adjusting fine -- I've finally got my old recliner (Li'l Bit thinks it's hers!) cleaned off enough that she can get to it. Found the foot stool to put at the end of the bed so she can get up on the bed! She is having a hard time with the steps to go outside -- they are steeper and further apart than the old RV. She has tumbled off the top step a couple of times so takes it really slow. But she is getting used to them. Of course, it doesn't help that she has a cataract over one eye and can't see out of it. I tell her we are just two ol' fat ladies each with one bad eye!

Holly has found her hiding places - I leave the closet door cracked just enough that she can get in the back corner of the closet. I think the shower will be the permanent kitty litter place. I don't need the shower for brooms and mops in this RV so I can put the kitty litter in there and it is much easier to move out to shower than all the other things I had stored in the old RV tub area!

I do need to find a place for food and water dishes -- right now I have them in front of the stove -- but I'm not using the stove much anyway -- been eating out crock potting and microwaving.

36 degrees 7:30 PM -- I'm glad I have extra blankets! When I was in WalMart the other day I almost bought me an electric blanket -- then figured I'd never use it again once I left here!

Weather man says "gradual warming" this week! I just want my license plates for the new rig to get here so I can get on the road! I need to head SOUTH so I can Thaw Out!

No comments: