Saturday, October 24, 2009

TUESDAY, OCT 20 - Day #2 On The Road

Woke up at 4AM to a horrible thunderstorms rumbling through. The pounding rains and winds had stopped by morning but it was still cloudy and dreary. According to the dopplar radar out of Wichita KS, my next major town, most of the cruddy weather is past. So now I'll just wait for the roads to dry up a little. I don't have a very long day. It's under 300 miles and with it all being interstate and the Kansas Turnpike, it will take 4-5 hours, depending on how many times I stop...and I do stop more often in wind and rain.

Arrived at the RV park in Guthrie OK about 3PM. Fought the wind all of the way; at least it is a WARM wind. Got the electric plugged in and kicked back for some computer time. Tomorrow is a long day, probably close to 7 hours. It could be more if I have to fight the wind like today. Driving against the wind just tires me out and I stop more often so don't make good time. And I'm still not thinking good fuel mileage either!!

No comments: